Emma Coulthard, of Cardiff County and the Vale of Glamorgan Music Service , shares how they’re continuing to provide services and support to young people during lockdown.
You can listen now below, or on Spotify (search for the name) and iTunes or your favourite podcast app.
What’s in this episode?
We talk about:
- How the service has benefited from being part of a Council
- How ensemble members and their leaders have worked out a range of ways to stay in touch and make music
- Parents’ response to a new model and cost for music lessons – and the changing relationship with them
- Safeguarding protocols
- The challenges for inclusion
- Thinking beyond goals, grades and concerts
Links for this episode
About the music for education & wellbeing podcast
Listen in each month to get ideas, inspiration and practical advice from people involved in music education, community music, music therapy and more. Learn how you can break down barriers to music, through communications, advocacy and inclusive practice.
The music for the podcast was created by Otis Hynds, a young person working with Noise Solution.
- Contact me if you’d like to be on the podcast.
- Subscribe to my enews to hear about future episodes (and get free downloads – see below).
- Visit Music Education Works to read and search for research evidence of the impact of music education.
- Listen to another great music education-related podcast – the Youth Music podcastfrom UK music charity Youth Music.
CLICK ON THE LINK ABOVE OR HERE TO:
SIGN UP FOR MY ENEWS AND GET FREE RESOURCES