Sally Cathcart of The Curious Piano Teachers, shares how they’re continuing to provide services and support to piano teachers, and piano teachers to young people, during lockdown.
You can listen now below, or on Spotify (search for the name) and iTunes or your favourite podcast app.
What’s in this episode?
We talk about:
- Setting up a regular support call for members, and providing training so that they could take deliver online
- How piano teachers and pupils have had to adapt the way they teach and learn for online
- The importance of feedback, over advice
- Pupils leading their learning and using Cadenza practice app
- Working online with pupils with special educational needs
Links for this episode
Michael Bungay Stanier, author of The Coaching Habit and The Advice Trap
About the music for education & wellbeing podcast
Listen in each month to get ideas, inspiration and practical advice from people involved in music education, community music, music therapy and more. Learn how you can break down barriers to music, through communications, advocacy and inclusive practice.
The music for the podcast was created by Otis Hynds, a young person working with Noise Solution.
- Contact me if you’d like to be on the podcast.
- Subscribe to my enews to hear about future episodes (and get free downloads – see below).
- Visit Music Education Works to read and search for research evidence of the impact of music education.