In this episode, I talk with head vocal coach for X Factor and Britain’s Got Talent, Annabel Williams. Annabel talks about her about her route into vocal coaching, gives some insights into the support given to TV talent show contestants, shares some tips and advice for vocalists, and talks about her The Vocal Coach app for singers of all levels wanting to develop their voices, or use singing for fun and wellbeing
You can listen now below, or on Spotify (search for the name) and iTunes or your favourite podcast app.
What’s in this episode?
We talk about:
- Annabel’s route into her current roles – through the National Youth Jazz Orchestra, session singing, private tuition, and coaching for a record company
- how she overcame shyness and ‘earned her stripes’
- the range of support offered to contestants on X Factor and Britain’s Got Talent
- using The Vocal Coach app – a tool for singers to use anywhere, with 18 exercises explained by Annabel on video, plus bespoke backing tracks and tempo slider
- the wellbeing and vocal benefits of breathing
- the importance of being yourself and finding your unique sound
Links for this episode
The Vocal Coach – Annabel’s website
About the music for education & wellbeing podcast
Listen in each month to get ideas, inspiration and practical advice from people involved in music education, community music, music therapy and more. Learn how you can break down barriers to music, through communications, advocacy and inclusive practice.
The music for the podcast was created by Otis Hynds, a young person working with Noise Solution.
- Contact me if you’d like to be on the podcast.
- Subscribe to my enews to hear about future episodes (and get free downloads – see below).
- Visit Music Education Works to read and search for research evidence of the impact of music education.
- Listen to another great music education-related podcast – the Youth Music podcast from UK music charity Youth Music.
IF YOU’VE FOUND THIS USEFUL, SIGN UP FOR MY ENEWS AND GET FREE RESOURCES.
As a thank you, you’ll also get six tip sheets, templates and checklists for: communications planning, getting more traffic to your website, copywriting, blogging and annual reports. You’ll also hear each time a podcast episode is published, and receive an occasional digest of my blogs, plus tips, advice and signposting to useful information and resources.
Need some help with a particular aspect of your communications, or your communications strategy? Contact me.